Well this week, we didn't have class or an online education module because it was SPRING BREAK!! Unfortunately, I didn't do a whole lot during the break. I went home and worked, so it wasn't too much of a break for me. I did, however, start a new job. I began working with my boyfriend and his boss. What kind of work did we do you may ask? Well his boss owns a gun shop and they travel around Texas to sell at gun shows. So that's what my first weekend of spring break consisted of--traveling and guns.
Growing up in Texas, everyone expects everyone to know about guns (and they assume we ride horses to school). Well reality check, I'm a GIRL! I may live in Texas, but I know nothing about guns. Therefore selling them and writing paperwork on them was pretty difficult. Before we could officially give the customer the gun, we had to get the paperwork checked by the boss to make sure everything was correct. It seemed like every time I went up to him, something was wrong. I just couldn't get it right, and it was definitely frustrating. Finally I reached a point on the second day of filling out paperwork that I actually did it RIGHT! Everything. Was. RIGHT.
So on this trip, I learned that I am a perfectionist. I don't like producing work that's less than the best. Even doing the simplest things, you can ALWAYS learn something about yourself.
(Me and my boyfriend, Steven, at my first gun show in Robstown, Texas)

No comments:
Post a Comment