"There are two kinds of people, those who do the work and those who take the credit. Try to be in the first group; there is less competition there."
-Indira Gandhi
This week I wasn't able to make it to class because...oops...I slept in too late. That's kind of embarrassing to admit, but hey, I'm an Aggie and I have to tell the truth! So I went online to look at the online education module, and there wasn't one--Dr. V just wanted us to work on our group project for the week. Well, here's my story for the week in dealing with my group:
I've had some issues with my group this week. First of all, its really difficult to try and get six people in one place at one time. We all have dramatically different schedules, so there's our first problem. Problem number two: some individuals in my group care about their grade in this class more than others. This has lead to different performance levels on group tasks (and some have been disappointing). That being said, I really do appreciate the diversity of people in my group and think they are all great people! Would I have chosen to work with some of them? No. Am I grateful for this opportunity to expand my circle of Aggie connections? OF COURSE! It may be a challenge, but we are accomplishing all of the assigned tasks, and are doing our best. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment