Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Week 6: Don't Kill Creativity!

Nothing is impossible; the word itself says "I'm possible!" -Audrey Hepburn 

Today's lecture was all about innovation and how to let it shine. Doesn't sound so hard, does it? Well, when you really think about, and I mean REALLY think about it, how many times have you had what you thought to be a brilliant idea? How many times was it shot down or did you quit trying to make it succeed just because of another's opinion? I know I have been victim to this "tragedy" of sorts, and it sometimes can be hard to recover from. Dr. V said in order for an idea to succeed, you must set up the proper environment in which it might be hard for it to be shot down. We need to turn our negative ideas into positives. When someone asks you "Why not?" Say, "WHY NOT!"

I believe the key to success within anything in your life is believing in yourself. For example, in the picture above I was night fishing. I was SO excited when I hooked something on my line, so I began reeling it in with vigor. When I got it to the surface, I realized it was a rock, haha. Rock or not, I believed in myself enough to reel it in, and I was HAPPY about it! That's how I think people should treat ideas. Even if they're "rocks", bring them up because you never know how they can impact the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment