As I walked into the lecture hall for the first class, I was apprehensive. I had no idea what to expect. My mind was racing and my eyes were wandering as Dr. V. began his lecture. He began by talking to us about the future, which was different than any other class I had taken before. Normally professors teach about the past or even the present, but never the future. He went on and we reached our first in-class activity-- the fire activity. He asked us what things were needed to make/sustain a fire, and the things we could do with a fire.
Generally, I believe myself to be a creative person, but this exercise took me by surprise! Of course I thought of the basic things you need to make fire-- oxygen, friction, and something to start it (like a lighter). Also I thought of the pretty basic things to do with a fire-- cook and keep warm. However when Dr. V. started asking students to share what they had come up with, I was very surprised! The most unique answer I remember hearing was that you can sterilize items with fire. Then I thought of course, why didn't I think of that? It's so simple!That's what creativity is to me: simple. You just have to delve far enough into yourself to truly realize it. After that I began to think of more things you could do with a fire. Well you can melt crayons to create a painting. You can perform the art of glass blowing to create wonderful works of art. Something so simple such as fire can be harbored so that is a product of it. So that is how I will begin to think of my creativity-- as a tool that I harbor to create beauty. And in the end, I believe the beauty I create will affect myself and the world in the future.As far as the online education module goes this week, it was very interesting to see "who" our professor is and how he's gotten to the point he's at now. However after going through and reading the myths about ENDS, I think this class will be harder than I expect it to...the only thing I can say to that is, "BRING IT ON".
No comments:
Post a Comment